Celebrating its 25th anniversary, Rockbridge Associates Inc. is an innovative marketing research firm located in Great Falls, VA. Rockbridge provides sophisticated quantitative and qualitative research for Fortune 500 and mid-sized clients in the financial services, hospitality, education, e-commerce and Internet technology, and telecommunications industries, as well as the non-profit and government sectors.
Rockbridge is a special place for energetic, entrepreneurial people who wish to grow professionally, pursue their personal career vision and stay on the cutting edge. Team members are trained in a variety of skill areas, including qualitative interviewing and data modelling. They also receive exposure to a wide variety of projects and clients. We are a small, growing organization with a cohesive team and few layers. We have competitive benefits and a casual work environment.
Marketing Research Analyst
(1-2 years of experience)
Rockbridge seeks a research analyst to join our team. Rockbridge offers a full-time position, a collegial atmosphere, and a great opportunity for professional growth. The ideal candidate is an energetic team player who likes data analytics, is willing to take on new challenges, and is a good communicator with an entrepreneurial spirit.
This position requires some prior experience in the market research field. We will continue your education and training to promote professional development to take on more challenging projects and roles in the organization. You will gain exposure to all aspects of the research process in this job, and every day will be different. You will participate in creating online surveys, tabulating quantitative survey data, developing reports, serving as a liaison to subcontractors, and assisting with focus groups and qualitative analysis. Gradually you will take on more responsibility and increasing ownership of your projects.
- BS/BA or Masters in business, social science, statistics or other business-related field.
- Mid-level proficiency in MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- 1-2 years of marketing research experience or completion of a marketing research internship.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Detail-oriented and thorough.
- Strong analytical skills; experience with SPSS, R, or SAS.
- Quality and customer service driven.
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, small business environment.
Marketing Research Internship – Summer or Fall 2017
(Recent graduate or completing education by May 2018)
Rockbridge is committed to providing a meaningful internship program to our students. Our goal is to introduce you to the marketing research field and give you experience by having you work on the day-to-day project activities for our clients.
- Develop a real-world understanding of the market research process
- Learn the basics of online survey programming in ConfirmIt™ and how to check it for accuracy
- Participate in the development of reports of survey data for our clients, including checking cross-tabulations for accuracy, pulling data from cross-tabulations to populate reports, checking data in reports, and creating graphs and charts in PowerPoint
- Learn the basics of SPSS (statistical package), including running frequencies and cross-tabs
- Assist in the recruitment of qualitative research participants – projects permitting
- Observe qualitative data collection (focus groups, etc.) – projects permitting
- Summarize qualitative research findings and assist on report production – projects permitting
You will also have an internship project that is not connected to client deliverables and can be worked on throughout the internship. This may include writing articles for our website, researching industries, or creating reports/articles from our National Technology Readiness Survey.
Please e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.