Rockbridge is an innovative marketing research and consulting firm driven by our passion to deliver insights that impact our clients’ businesses. Rockbridge provides sophisticated quantitative and qualitative research solutions to Fortune 500 and mid-sized clients in the financial services, hospitality and travel, technology, education, and association sectors.
Rockbridge is a special place for energetic, entrepreneurial people who wish to grow professionally, pursue their personal career vision and stay on the cutting edge. Successful team members are curious about their clients’ business models, and strive to not just deliver solid data, but uncover and clearly communicate insights through a story that management can put into action to drive business results.
Team members are trained in a variety of skill areas, including data modelling, qualitative interviewing, and business development. They also receive exposure to a wide variety of projects and clients. We are a small, growing organization with a cohesive team and few layers. We have competitive benefits and a casual hybrid work environment.
The following are Rockbridge’s current needs:
Marketing Research Manager/Director
(5+ years of experience)
Rockbridge is seeking an experienced marketing research professional who is passionate about delivering insights that drive our clients’ businesses. Rockbridge offers a collegial atmosphere, and a great opportunity for professional growth within a small business environment with few layers. The ideal candidate is an energetic team player who likes data analytics, is curious, is willing to take on new challenges, and is an exceptional communicator with an entrepreneurial spirit.
This position requires prior experience in the market research field. You will be responsible for managing day-to-day project activities within a team approach to client service, communicating with clients, creating research instruments, conducting analysis, and developing reports. Gradually you will take on more responsibility, including client development. We will continue your education and training to promote professional development and mastery of research and consulting techniques. You will gain exposure to all aspects of the research process in this job, and every day will be different.
- 5 years of marketing research experience, with some supplier-side experience a must.
- A consulting mindset, with a strong desire to immerse yourself in our clients’ business and industry, and the ability to connect research insights to business and marketing implications.
- Exceptional oral and written communications skills, with comfort speaking in front of senior stakeholders, and a passion for and commitment to top notch client service.
- Strong analytical skills; experience with SPSS highly preferred.
- Facilitation skills are a plus, including formal training in moderating techniques, and experience moderating focus groups and individual interviews.
- Leadership skills are a plus, including managing production teams and management of direct reports.
- Familiarity with survey programming and tabulation software experience a plus.
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, client service, small business environment.
- Ability to manage multiple projects in various phases of the research process.
- BS/BA or Masters in business, social science, statistics or other business-related field.
- Hybrid work environment; prefer ability to work in-person at least part-time in our Northern Virginia offices, but not a must.
Rockbridge is seeking moderators to support our team on ad hoc qualitative projects. Moderators with at least 2 years of experience conducting virtual or in-person in-depth interviews and focus groups are encouraged to apply. Experience conducting interviews on financial services, travel, and small business topics is a plus.
Please e-mail your resume to email@example.com.